SPECTACULAR SEA VIEWS AT GROTTO BEACH
Hermanus is the heart of the Cape Whale Coast and offers a wide variety of activities, attractions, sport, art, cuisine and eco-adventure excurtions such as whale watching, great white shark cage diving, beach activities, sea kayaking, excellent golfing, superb bird watching, mountain trails, deap sea fishing, paragliding and much, much more.
Lavender Manor Guest Lodge is an upmarket but affordable guest house (bed and breakfast) that provide Hermanus accommodation at its absolute best. The guest house is two-minutes walk away from famous Blue Flag Grotto Beach and the magnificent cliff path, which will lead you along the beaches and rocky coast to surprising finds of sandy coves… and on to the centre of Hermanus. Grotto Beach stretches for 20 km along an unspoilt and pristine coastline. During the whale season Lavender Manor guest house will be the perfect base for excellent whale watching. You will not find better accommodation in Hermanus to enjoy all the activities listed below.
Should you like to venture further or enjoy more of a challenge, check out the following eco-adventure and other activities which will gladly be arranged by your hosts (weather permitting):
- Boat based whale watching (June to Dec) – look them in the eye !
- Whale watching by plane – adrenalien pumping and awe inspiring !
- Great white shark cage diving or viewing – a life changing experience ! (Jaws !)
- Deep sea fishing – try catch a 50 kg + Tuna !
- Whale watching along the cliff path – best land based whale watching in the world !
- Hermanus is proud to have the world’s only Whale Crier ! Come and meet him.
- Scuba Diving and Snorkelling – experience needed.
- Boat trips to Dyer Island & Shark alley ! (Seals, sharks, whales, birds and penguins)
- Sea Kayaking with the Whales – up close and personal ! (no experience needed).
- A number of pristine beaches catering for every need.
- The secret is out. Hermanus has the most beautiful beaches in South Africa !
- Mountain trails in Fernkloof Nature Reserve – panoramic views !
- Horse riding on the beach – watch the Whales from horseback !
- Play golf at Hermanus and Arabella Golf Courses – world class !
- River cruises on the African Queen – relax and enjoy the magnificent surroundings !
- Sports (Golf, tennis, squash, gym, cycling, etc.)
- Wine routes (Hemel & Aarde valley, Stellenbosch, Franschoek & the Robertson valley)
- Arts and crafts markets and museums for the more culturally minded !
- Organic farmers market and wine & food festivals.
- Numerous excellent restaurants. Sea food, South African, steaks etc.
- Guided bird watching. The Whale Coast is a bird paradise !
- Penquin reserve – one of only three land based breeding colonies in Africa !
- Africa’s most southernly point, and the place where the Indian & Atlantic oceans meet !
- Cape Town, Table mountain, Robben Island and Cape Point.
- Danger Point light house and Birkenhead shipwreck.
- Quad bikes, 4 x 4 trips and much more.
If golf is your game; we are 3 minutes away from the Hermanus Golf course (27 hole), and 30 minutes from the internationally rated Arabella Golf Estate.
Our guests leave happy !
If wine tasting is more your game; there are many excellent wineries in the Whale Coast area and we are one hour from Stellenbosch and Franschoek wine routes, and only 1.5 hours from the Robertson Valley wine district.
From your doorstep, a 20 km stretch of beach and an easy mountain walk to Fernkloof Nature Reserve are just a couple of minutes away. Leave your car parked safely on the large grounds of Lavender Manor Guest House, and explore the best that nature has to offer.
Your hosts look forward to welcoming you to Hermanus and Lavender Manor Guest Lodge, and will gladly assist with any arrangements and bookings. Lavender Manor offers luxury accommodation in Hermanus which you can afford.